Suburban Relocation System handles all aspects of your international move, from your old door to your new one:
- International moving needs assessment — First, we start by gathering requirements such as dates, current location and destination, household size, unusual furnishings requiring special treatment, insurance requirements, and so on. From there, we develop an international moving plan.
- Packing your belongings — When moving day arrives, a crew of movers will also arrive, helping to pack your belongings and securely load them into a transport container.
- Transporting your belongings — From there, your belongings will begin their journey to your new overseas home. Depending on the countries involved, this usually involves both land and sea transport.
- Storing your belongings (short term) — As you can imagine, shipping an entire household across an ocean takes time. However, it’s common for your goods to arrive before you are ready to accept them. For example, many families take extended vacations before arriving at their final destinations. Some live in temporary, furnished quarters while waiting for their new home to be vacated. Whatever the case may be, short-term storage can be arranged.
- Storing your belongings (long term) — Long-term storage is also available domestically should you opt not to move your belongings overseas. If your overseas relocation is for a limited time, it may make sense to store your household furnishings here at home and rent a furnished home abroad. Suburban Relocation System can arrange long-term storage in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
- Delivering / unloading your belongings — Once your new home is ready and your furnishings have arrived, we’ll coordinate move-in day at your new home. Your goods will be offloaded from the ship (or short-term storage) onto a moving truck and delivered. A local moving crew will unload your belongings and place them in the appropriate areas of the new home.
Contact us today to learn more.